Saturday, October 30, 2010

Molly Peasant Dress #2 - For Lea

Here is my latest creation...

I was asked by my friend Maggie to make a Molly Peasant Dress for her daughter, Lea. They came over and, from the myriad of fabric I have, Lea selected her favourite. The yellow will look really good on Lea.

Lea's wearing size 6 clothes now but Maggie wanted a dress that was about a size 7 or 8 so that Lea can grow into it and get a longer life out of the dress. I made the elastic to fit her now but added about an inch to it so that Maggie can let it out as Lea grows.

The flower adornment is a brooch so that it can be removed when the dress needs to be washed or for when Lea just wants to wear the dress to play in, and then it can be added to "spruce" up the dress for going out.

What do you think?

1 comment: