Saturday, October 2, 2010

How the Busy Bee Went...Baby Dresses!

So, in my last post I menioned that I had a baby-free day, so I spent the day sewing. Here's what I ended up making...Very sweet baby summer dresses.

The Abby Summer Dress...




Here's one with an applique design on it. I'm going to give this one to my friend.


The bodice and the skirt are lined. These ones are 0 - 3 months, which is the only size I've got in baby sizes. I'll need to adjust the pattern to make bigger sizes, but I'm a bit hesitant to do it as I'm no good at that fiddly stuff.

This is the latest one I've made.

I was able to find the pattern in a size 3 (approx). So, I can make them in 0-3 months and size 3. All I need to do now is work out how to make them in the in between sizes!

The skirt uses a LOT of fabric, so I didn't line this one, which I don't think it needs anyway. This one also has an applique cup cake design. Not sure if I like it though.

So, all in all, I've been pretty successful. I've been sewing like a mad woman. It's very addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment